An age-old method for getting long, lustrous, and thick hair is oiling. Oiling or massaging your scalp can promote blood flow, which further boosts hair growth and nourishes your hair to the roots. However, massage is not the only thing that matters. Choosing the right oil is also of utmost importance. While there is a vast list of hair oils, almond oil has been shown to be quite efficient in reducing hair fall. Wondering how to use almond oil to control hair fall? Read on!
HealthShots got in touch with Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist, and Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics, to understand why almond oil is effective in controlling hair fall.
Hair benefits of almond oil and how it can control hair fall:
1. Almond oil helps to soothe an itchy scalp
It is a known fact that a buildup of dead cells in the scalp can lead to a number of hair issues. You will have problems like flaking, itching, and dandruff in addition to slow hair growth and increased hair loss. What’s the solution? Use almond oil to nourish and hydrate the scalp, keeping these hair issues at bay!
2. It aids in hair rejuvenation
Almond oil is loaded with biotins, so massaging your hair with it will boost the blood flow to your scalp, nourish your hair roots, lessen hair fall, and make your hair appear shinier. The end result will be increased hair growth because of a significant reduction in hair problems.
3. Massaging with almond oil improves hair volume
Vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acids, and omega 6 fatty acids are just a few of the essential nutrients found in almond oil that are proven to support healthy hair. They can reduce hair loss and boost your hair’s volume. Almond oil is also a potent source of antioxidants, which means it helps delay the onset of premature hair greying.
4. It will reduce hair issues
Do you have frizzy hair and is it tough for you to maintain tangled hair? Almond oil will soften the hair in that case. It can make the hair silky and serves as a conditioner. Hence, you will not have any problems while combing the hair. Additionally, this will lessen the possibility of hair damage.
5. It will repair the hair cuticle
The oleic and linoleic acids in the almond oil will strengthen and smooth your hair. Additionally, the vitamin E in the oil functions as an antioxidant and aids in managing split ends and encouraging hair growth.
How to use almond oil to control hair fall?
1. Almond oil head massage
Giving your scalp and hair a massage is the best technique to combat hair loss and promote hair growth. For quick results, give a head massage twice a week. Oiling your hair not only nourishes the hair and scalp but also brings back hair to its best state. Your hair may develop a protective layer from a head massage, shielding it from sun damage, pollution, and early greying.
- Heat the almond oil to lukewarm before using it.
- Before applying oil to your hair, detangle it.
- Pour the oil now onto your scalp and begin gently massaging it.
- Apply the oil to the length of your hair after that as well.
- Now, let it sit for 3–4 hours before washing.
Also read: 7 oils you must incorporate in your hair care routine to control hair thinning
2. Almond oil hair mask
Methi seeds can prevent dandruff and other hair conditions like hair loss. Additionally, the banana in this hair mask works as an ingredient to smooth and shine your hair.
- Combine methi seeds and banana in a blender.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of almond oil to it to produce a smooth paste.
- Your hair mask is ready! Apply this now to your scalp and the length of your hair.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Almond oil serum
Your hair can appear heavier with an almond oil serum. Aloe vera and lavender enhance the advantages of almond oil and stop hair loss.
- Add three drops of lavender oil, two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and one teaspoon of almond oil to it.
- Mix all these ingredients well and it’s done.
- Apply the serum to the length of your hair while they are still wet.
So ladies, do not miss out on this wonder almond oil if you wish to have lustrous hair!